Green River Lake Visitor Center
The Green River Lake Visitor Center is a must see facility at the heart of Green River Lake! Located close to the Dam, the Visitor Center is a free attraction open to the public. Exhibits which include: Native American artifacts from the area, live working beehive exhibit, a live turtle display, water safety display and the big 1500 gallon fish aquarium.
Visitors can also view a movie about Green River Lake in the theater which is located right in the Visitor Center.
Just outside, visitors can tour The Atkinson Griffin Log house which was used as a civil war hospital, have a picnic or take in one of the many hiking trails. The Center is also a one stop shop for area information including Green River Lake and the surrounding area. So, on your next visit to Green River Lake, make it a point to stop by the Visitor Center and learn all that Green River Lake has to offer.
Enjoy a short walk behind the Visitor Center that offers a beautiful view of Green River Lake!
- View the Army Corp of Engineers Trail Map of all the trails maintained by the USACE.
- View the County wide Trail Map Guide for Campbellsville, Green River Lake & Taylor County to see other trails in the area.
Picnic Shelter Rentals
The shelter at the visitors center is also available for rent for special occasions, family reunions, weddings, etc. If a shelter has not been reserved for a particular day, it may be used free of charge on a first come first served basis.
Amenities include: restrooms, grills, tables, playground, horse shoe pits, parking, electric, log cabin, lakeside trail access and a beautiful overlook of Green River Lake.
The Corps also has the following picnic shelter available in the Green River Lake area.
- Satterly Shelter is right along the shoreline of Green River Lake at the Site 1 boat ramp.
- Big Oak Shelter is off Lake Road near the Site 1 Boat Ramp.
- Green River Tailwater Shelter is right off HWY 55 near the spillway.
- Holmes Bends Shelter is on the south end of the lake in by Holmes Bend Marina.
Office hours: Mon. – Sun., 7:30 am – 5 p.m. (may vary, call ahead)
Daily Lake Information Line: (270) 465-8824 (updated daily)
Office Phone: (270) 465-4463